Checking with Buckeye CU
At Buckeye, checking is called a Share Draft Account because what you are really doing is writing a “draft” against your shares with the credit union. And you only need $25 to open an account. You can already see the benefits of membership.
Internet, Mobile & App Banking
Our mobile apps let you pay bills and manage your accounts and find any ATM in our network. Register for our internet banking service and start your mobile money management.
Buckeye State Credit Union uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption to communicate securely through all mobile service providers. Security measures block unauthorized access and protect your data, no matter how you access your accounts.
Find ATMs near you and locate the closest Buckeye State Credit Union branch. Our search map provides addresses and branch contact information.
There are no charges for downloading or using the app. (Your wireless provider’s messaging and data rates may apply.)
- Identity Theft Resolution services. If theft occurs, a fraud specialist will work with you until your credit and identity are restored.
- Total Identity Monitoring – to detect suspicious activity, monitors of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone & more.
- Credit monitoring – Daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion credit reports.
- Up to $10,000 identity fraud expense reimbursement coverage** for expenses associated with clearing your name and repairing damaged credit.
- 3-in-1 credit report
- Credit score
Online Bill Pay
Pay your bills online. (To sign up, log into your account and select Bill Pay Plus.)
Direct Deposit/Payroll Deduction
Automatically deposit the entire amount of your paycheck, Social Security, pension or other recurring checks into your Checking Account through Direct Deposit.
Payroll Deduction allows you to deposit a portion of your paycheck into your credit union account easily. With either service, your check will never be lost, misplaced, or stolen.
Second-Chance Checking™ is designed especially for those who have been turned down or had challenges establishing a checking account. Enjoy the benefits and of our electronic checking with free debit card, free internet banking, no minimum balance required, and $1000 overdraft protection.
Fulfill the requirements of the Second-Chance Checking program and be eligible for all the added benefits of our Regular Checking account.
Second-Chance Checking program requirements and details
- Pass our checking account management course.
- Deposit $40 to open the Second-Chance Checking account.
- Overdrafts will be returned and carry a charge of $35 each.
- Check printing costs will depend on the style you order (between $20-$25 per box of 150).
- After your printing costs are paid, there is no minimum balance requirement for your account.
- Second-Chance Checking comes with free internet banking – great for checking your balance online anytime.
- Free Bill Pay.
- Go six months with no overdrafts and be eligible for an ATM card and Shared Branching network benefits (access to 6,700 branch offices across the U.S.).
Overdraft Protection Program (ODP)
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction – but Buckeye State Credit Union pays it anyway.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined. This service is included on account unless you choose to opt-out of it.
Criteria for ODP qualification:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum monthly deposits of $200
- Share (savings) account opened at least 30 days (with 30 days of no negative balance)
- Active within past 50 days
- Loans delinquent less than 30 days
Reg-E, an opt-in service, provides extended overdraft protection beyond our Buckeye ODP Program to include electronic purchases made with merchants. This allows for overdraft protection on your ATM/Debit Card to be available to you at merchants.
*This is not in addition to our existing ODP. It is an extension of existing ODP protection. Fees apply as per our current rate and fee schedule.
OPT-IN to Reg-E
Opt-in to Reg-E and your available balance at the merchant will include the extension to the Buckeye ODP Program. Fees apply as per our current rate and fee schedule.
OPT-OUT of Reg-E?
Opt-out and it will NOT be available at the merchant. To opt-in or opt-out, see any Buckeye State Credit Union associate.
24-hour Teller Line
This audio response system allows all members to call 855-327-8903 via a touch-tone phone to conduct the following business at any time:
- Listen to the last 10 checks cleared
- Listen to balances
- Transfer money
- Request a check
- Change your PIN (Personal Identification Number)
- Search for a cleared share draft