Checking with Buckeye CU
Internet, Mobile & App Banking
Identity Protection (ID Protect)
IDProtect® – Identity Theft Monitoring and Resolution Service
Buckeye offers members IDProtect® – “Protection You Can Count On.” To acquire IDProtect® – Identity theft monitoring and resolution service for you, your joint account holders, and eligible family members1, contact your local branch or go here.
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case until your identity is restored.
- Total Identity Monitoring – Monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone and many others (Registration/activation required.)
- Credit File Monitoring2 – daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports (Registration/activation required.)
- Up to $10,000 Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage3 for expenses associated with restoring your identity.
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request a new 3-in-1 report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert (Registration/activation required.)
- Credit Score – receive a new single bureau credit score with every new credit report (Registration/activation required) Credit Score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on Equifax data. Third parties may use a different VantageScore or a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness.
1 IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owner(s), their joint account owners and their eligible family members. Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
2 Credit file monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin following activation.
3 Special Insurance Program Notes: The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy described. Please refer to the actual policy for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance. Refer to Guide to Benefit for complete details of coverage. Insurance Products are not a deposit of or guaranteed by the Credit Union or any Credit Union Affiliate and are not insured by the NCUA or Any Federal Government Agency.
Online Bill Pay
Direct Deposit/Payroll Deduction
Automatically deposit the entire amount of your paycheck, Social Security, pension or other recurring checks into your Checking Account through Direct Deposit.
Payroll Deduction allows you to deposit a portion of your paycheck into your credit union account easily. With either service, your check will never be lost, misplaced, or stolen.
Second-Chance Checking™ is designed especially for those who have been turned down or had challenges establishing a checking account. Enjoy the benefits and of our electronic checking with free debit card, free internet banking, no minimum balance required, and $1000 overdraft protection.
Fulfill the requirements of the Second-Chance Checking program and be eligible for all the added benefits of our Regular Checking account.
Second-Chance Checking program requirements and details
- Pass our checking account management course.
- Deposit $40 to open the Second-Chance Checking account.
- Overdrafts will be returned and carry a charge of $35 each.
- Check printing costs will depend on the style you order (between $20-$25 per box of 150).
- After your printing costs are paid, there is no minimum balance requirement for your account.
- Second-Chance Checking comes with free internet banking – great for checking your balance online anytime.
- Free Bill Pay.
- Go six months with no overdrafts and be eligible for an ATM card and Shared Branching network benefits (access to 6,700 branch offices across the U.S.).
Overdraft Protection Program (ODP)
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction – but Buckeye State Credit Union pays it anyway.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined. This service is included on account unless you choose to opt-out of it.
Criteria for ODP qualification:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum monthly deposits of $200
- Share (savings) account opened at least 30 days (with 30 days of no negative balance)
- Active within past 50 days
- Loans delinquent less than 30 days
Reg-E, an opt-in service, provides extended overdraft protection beyond our Buckeye ODP Program to include electronic purchases made with merchants. This allows for overdraft protection on your ATM/Debit Card to be available to you at merchants.
*This is not in addition to our existing ODP. It is an extension of existing ODP protection. Fees apply as per our current rate and fee schedule.
OPT-IN to Reg-E
Opt-in to Reg-E and your available balance at the merchant will include the extension to the Buckeye ODP Program. Fees apply as per our current rate and fee schedule.
OPT-OUT of Reg-E?
Opt-out and it will NOT be available at the merchant. To opt-in or opt-out, see any Buckeye State Credit Union associate.
24-hour Teller Line
- Listen to the last 10 checks cleared
- Listen to balances
- Transfer money
- Request a check
- Change your PIN (Personal Identification Number)
- Search for a cleared share draft