Free Checking Account with Buckeye State Credit Union
Everyone’s favorite four letter word, FREE and that’s what you’ll get with Buckeye’s checking account. No hoops to jump through, no minimum requirements, no kidding…. Just Free, welcome to Buckeye!
Click below to get started, keep scrolling or give us call to learn more
Online and Mobile Banking
Online Bill Pay
At Buckeye State Credit Union, ease of use is extremely important. We strive to make your banking experience as easy as possible. With us, you can pay your bills online.
To sign up, log into your account and select Bill Pay Plus.
Direct Deposit/Payroll Deduction
Payroll Deduction allows you to deposit a portion of your paycheck into your credit union account easily. With either service, your check will never be lost, misplaced, or stolen.
The Empowerment Account is designed especially for those who have been turned down or had challenges establishing a checking account. Enjoy the benefits of a checkless checking account, no minimum balance required and no overdraft fees.
Empowerment Account program and details:
- Deposit $20 to open the Empowerment Account
- Comes with a Debit Card and Bill Pay!!
- Checkless Draft Account- this is a checkless draft account, which means that you cannot write paper checks with this account. You can make payments with your debit card or through our online bill pay feature.
- No overdraft fees! This account does not come with an overdraft protection program, which means that we will not authorize a transaction unless the account has enough available funds at the time of the transaction.
- Comes with free internet banking – great for checking your balance online anytime.
Overdraft Protection Program (ODP)
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay for any type of transaction. Your transaction will be declined if we do not authorize and pay an overdraft. This service is included in your account unless you choose to opt-out.
Criteria for ODP qualification:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum monthly deposits of $200
- Share (savings) account opened at least 30 days (with 30 days of no negative balance)
- Active within past 50 days
- Loans delinquent less than 30 days
*This is not in addition to our existing ODP. It is an extension of existing ODP protection. Fees apply as per our current rate and fee schedule.
OPT-IN to Reg-E
Opt-in to Reg-E and your available balance at the merchant will include the extension to the Buckeye ODP Program. Fees apply as per our current rate and fee schedule.
OPT-OUT of Reg-E?
Opt-out and it will NOT be available at the merchant. To opt-in or opt-out, see any Buckeye State Credit Union associate.
24-hour Teller Line
- Listen to the last 10 checks cleared
- Listen to balances
- Transfer money
- Request a check
- Change your PIN (Personal Identification Number)
- Search for a cleared share draft
BSCU, Your Choice For A Free Checking Account
Identity Protection (ID Protect)
IDProtect® – Identity Theft Monitoring and Resolution Service
Buckeye offers members IDProtect® – “Protection You Can Count On.” To acquire IDProtect® – Identity theft monitoring and resolution service for you, your joint account holders, and eligible family members1, contact your local branch or go here.
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case until your identity is restored.
- Total Identity Monitoring – Monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone, and many others (Registration/activation required.)
- Credit File Monitoring2 – daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion credit reports (Registration/activation required.)
- Up to $10,000 Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage3 for expenses associated with restoring your identity.
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request a new 3-in-1 report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert (Registration/activation required.)
- Credit Score – receive a new single bureau credit score with every new credit report (Registration/activation required) Credit Score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on Equifax data. Third parties may use a different VantageScore or a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness.
2 Credit file monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin following activation.
3 Special Insurance Program Notes: The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy described. Please refer to the actual policy for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance. Refer to Guide to Benefit for complete details of coverage. Insurance Products are not a deposit of or guaranteed by the Credit Union or any Credit Union Affiliate and are not insured by the NCUA or Any Federal Government Agency.
It’s easy to become a member at Buckeye! To learn how, call us at (883) 282-5281, or visit one of our six Northeastern Ohio branches in Alliance, Akron, Cleveland, Canton, Mansfield, and Shaker Heights. Our dedicated associates will help you navigate your individual financial situation.