Buckeye State Credit Union is a financial services provider with branches currently located in Shaker Heights, Akron, Canton, and Alliance Ohio (with a branch in Mansfield scheduled to open in March of 2022). Buckeye State was founded in 1933 as Akron Postal Employees Credit Union and eventually evolved into the credit union it is today which serves a field of membership that includes: Lake, Cuyahoga, Summit, Stark, Wayne, Ashland, Medina, and Richland counties. For additional information please see our video at https://youtu.be/LTAevKf1CEU
President | Chief Executive Officer: Michael Abernathy
- Started with Buckeye State in February 2016
- President and CEO since July 2018
- Previous role was SVP, Lending & Sales
SVP, Chief Operating Officer: Deana Allen
- Started with Buckeye State in November 2016
- SVP, Chief Operating Officer since January 2019
- Previous roles were SVP, Lending & Sales and AVP, Operations
VP, Chief Financial Officer: Brad Riley
- Started with Buckeye State in March 2017
- VP, Chief Financial Officer since January 2019
- Previous roles were VP, Finance and Operations with Buckeye State and Medina County Federal Credit Union prior to that.
VP, Chief Retail Officer: Dan Perry
- Started with Buckeye State in May 2016
- VP, Chief Retail Officer since November 2019
Previous roles were VP, Sales and AVP, Retail Branches
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Recognized as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) by the US Treasury in 2017
- The credit union has received over $4 million in grant funds since 2018.
- Recognized as a “Top Workplace” in Northeast Ohio for three consecutive years (2019-2021) by The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Awarded the 2020 Family Friendly Workplace Award by the United Way of Greater Stark County
- Over $70,000 of charitable contributions since 2019 with an additional $30,000 ear marked to be donated by the end of 2021.
Regulatory body and Deposit Insurance:
Buckeye State is regulated by the Ohio Division of Financial Institutions (ODFI), which is a division of the Ohio Department of Commerce. Buckeye State’s deposits are insured by American Share Insurance (ASI). American Share Insurance was founded in 1974 and is owned by its member credit unions. ASI provides deposit protection up to $250,000 per account, not per individual, with no limit to the number of accounts held by the member. ASI insures the deposits of over one million credit union members across the United States.